Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stomach Flu vs. Stadium

5k Stadium Challenge 2011

Everbank Field, Jacksonville, FL

Aug. 13, 2011

 

Sorry about the post delay.. I haven't had internet at my house for 2 weeks.

August 13th was a crazy day. Around 3pm that afternoon, I started feeling sick to my stomach. My race wasn't until 9:10 that evening so I didn't think too much about it. I started chugging the Pepto and sipping some Sprite. Around 7pm, I decided to run a mile to see how I felt. It felt alright...weak...but doable. So, off I went to the race!
I think I look a little pale..

Anyway, while I waited I struggled with the idea of starting. I felt horrible. Part of me was saying DON'T DO IT and the other part was saying YOU CAN DO IT- JUST SUCK IT UP. Its that whole angel/devil concept.

So, I did it.

It was fun! The first mile and a half was flat through the parking lot. Then it was 6 or 7 ramps up to the top of the stadium, 4 down, around the mezzinine, up 4 ramps, then all the way back down and onto the field, back out and done. They had music playing the whole time and Jaguars highlights playing on the jumbotron. I finished in 43:10 - 538th out of 1384 total finishers. I got my first medal!



After race stretch

And the final picture was taken shortly before the world starting turning black...
Needless to say, I walked very slowly to my sisters car. Unfortunately, I did not make it home without having to heave my upper body out of her car window and lose my Gatorade.

Oh well, such is life! On to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment